Whether you are a beginner or a college player in softball, you need the best fastpitch softball bat. Softball is such a thrilling sport particularly when you have the necessary softball equipment that helps you reach the peak of your performance. When it comes to choosing the best fastpitch bat, here are a few factors to consider:
- Get the right material. Consider the material used to manufacture your fastpitch bat. The material has a great impact on the performance, durability and weight of the bat. Bat materials are generally categorized into two: Composite softball bats and alloy softball bats. Composite materials allow for a larger sweet spot in the fastpitch bat barrel and better flex to generate ball speed at contact.
- The right weight of the bat. Comfort is very crucial. Heavy players feel comfortable using heavy bats while lightweight players consider light bats. You should be looking to maximize the combination of weight AND bat speed in order to generate the maximum ball velocity at contact.
- Parts of the baseball bat. All the components of your fastpitch bat should be of high quality. These components include the taper, grip, barrel and the knob. They have an effect on your speed, vibration, and shock absorption and general comfort level which helps generate maximum bat speeds.
Having the right factors to consider in mind, there are many types of fastpitch softball bats that are highly ranked globally. They include:
- Louisville Slugger Xeno Fastpitch Softball Bats
This is one of the most popular and effect models available. The Xeno is purely made of composite material, making the bat model light and easy to handle. It comes with a variety of length to weight ratio models. The balanced swing weight helps you enjoy smooth swing and a greater bat speed. The IST technology, which is the latest innovation in the handle of the barrel, makes the softball bat easy to manage. S1iD technology has also been incorporated to improve the flex of the barrel and produce the optimal sweet spot. Apparently, Louisville is more expensive than the other models.
- DeMarini CF8 Fastpitch Bat, CF8Insane & CF8 Hope Fastpitch Softball Bats
DeMarini has a variety of fastpitch softball bats in its famous CF Series. The most recent and popular models are the CF8, the CF8 Hope and the CF8 Insane models. The CF8 series is made of paradox plus composite which helps provide light swing with an incredible barrel performance. The CF8 Insane is popular due to its end-loaded weight distribution which maximizes power. The Demarini CF8 softball bats have thermofused taper barrels and the D-Fusion 2.0 handles which help eliminate vibration and direct the energy to the barrel.
- Anderson Rocketech Fastpitch Softball Bats
The Anderson Rocketech is a famous fastpitch softball bat. This model is made of aerospace alloy, making it usable in all weather conditions. The Rocketech incorporates an end-loaded weight distribution and a weight that is only 9 ounces less than the bat length to be the most powerful bat available. But this fastpitch softball bat model is ideal for strong players that can swing heavier bats to generate enormous power. It is highly recommended for the upper level high school and college level player.